Engaging users through social media platforms is the highly preferred activity that every online entrepreneur performs. If you have an online business but you are not promoting your services/ products through social platform then you are surely losing a huge base of capable customers. Social Media platforms are in the trend and to increase traffic in 2016, start social media promotions. Along with, social media marketing also helps you in enhancing the brand awareness.
We have compiled some important and interesting facts related to various social platforms that will surely enhance your inclination towards social media marketing.
Facebook ranked 3rd globally. It is the most popular social networking platform among the youngsters.
- As per the recent stats of Statista, Facebook has left all social media platforms with 1,590 million monthly active users
- Facebook Messenger ranked 3rd among other platforms with 900 million monthly active users
- Time spent per day on Facebook is minimum 20 minutes.
- 91% users are of between 15- 34 age limit.
- There are 500,000 Facebook “likes” every minute
- Facebook generates $1.4 million in revenue every hour
- From mobile advertisements, Facebook earns $2.5 billion a quarter
- Every 15 minutes there are over 49 million posts. To be precise 49,433,000 or 3 million posts per minute
- Facebook is adding 7,246 people every 15 minutes or 8 per second
- Average 20 million number of applications are installed on Facebook each day
- There are total 320 million monthly users on twitter, till 02 April 2016
- Monthly unique visitors are 305 million.
- Daily Active users on Twitter are 100 million.
- User’s average time spent on Twitter monthly is 170 minutes
- 80% users tweet from mobile devices. (Twitter)
- Through Twitter, 34% marketers are successfully generating leads.
- Tweets having image links have 5 times more engagement rate.- By Jeff Bullas
- Promoted tweets encourage the offline sales by 29 %- by HubSpot
- Using Actionable words such as “Download” will enhance your click by 13%.- By Twitter
- Tweets having statistical data received 5.4% more retweets but 32.7% fewer clicks per tweet. By Hubspot
Widely preferred platform among professionals is LinkedIn. People use this platform to build the authenticity of the companies and to get recruited in the reputed firms. 01 out of 03 professions has LinkedIn profile. This is best recruitment social platform.
- Total number of LinkedIn member is 414 million, till 02 April 2016
- Monthly Unique visitors are 100 million
- 70% users on LikedIn are from outside U.S.
- Adding profession photograph make your LinkedIn profile 14% more likely to be found.
- Every second, 02 members join LinkedIn.
- The profile views enhance 13 times if skills are added.
- Among the LinkedIn members, 56% are Male and 44% are female.
- Every user spends on an average 17 minutes monthly.
- LinkedIn contributes 04% in total global social sharing.
- Around 25 million profiles are viewed on daily basis
Google+ was launched by Google Inc. in 2011. To enhance the google search ranking this is the
- With more than 900 billion users, Google+ is worth paying attention.
- To source new business, 41 % online B2C marketers and 39% B2B companies prefer Google+
- Among the user, 68% are male and 32% female.
- 70% online brands have Google+ account.
- This social platform has a “+1 button” that allow people to recommend websites and other information.
- Google Authorship boost the search ranking of the website and it can only be availed when you have a valid Google+ Account
- In 2015, Goolge+’s global revenue was $ 74.54 billion and the advertising revenue for the same year was $ 67.39 billion.
- 5 Most popular user with high number of post followers on Google+ are- Britney Spears, Larry Page, Lady Gaga, David Beckham, and Trey Ratcliff
- Google+ is widely preferred in Indonesia, India, and Vietnam with 83%, 82% and 80% accounts, respectively.
- 13% of U.S. small businesses use Google+
Instagram is gaining popularity with every passing year. You can also try this platform for more engagement. You can share your Instagram pictures on various other social platforms that are Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Swarm.
- Instagram encounters 400 million monthly users with more than 75 Million users on daily basis.
- Among the users, 51% are male and 49% female.
- Brand Engagement is 4.21% higher on Instagram
- @mentions in Captions Receive 56% More Engagement
- 47% Adults are using Instagram from mobile devices
- Adding a Location Results in 79% Higher Engagement
- 20 % internet users use Instagram.
- 90% users are younger than 35 years.
- According to Socialbakers, the average post engagement rate on Instagram is 3.31% in comparison to Twitter with an average of 0.07%.
- The mobile app is more popular among user of 16- 24 ages with 41% usage and among 24 – 34 ages, the usage is encountered of 35%.
Also, read Tips to Create Effective Social Media Posts