In today’s world of digital marketing, everyone says that “Content Is King”, while others say Social Media is where the true power lies and traditional marketers still banks on calling and appointment settings. But, a well planned and an effective email marketing campaign is still should be your bread and butter as it can help your business to gain maximum visibility not only locally but globally as well; and in an extremely cost-effective way.
A rightly implemented email marketing can make your business promotions more effective and successful – building long term relationships and there are a lot many reasons why Email Marketing is still the most reliable content marketing channel, some of which are as follows:-
– Although only a fraction of subscribers open an email to read its content, the email can be reached a large number of consumers, which raises its potential reach.
Also Read, How to Scale Content Marketing Activities?
LONGER LIFE SPAN
– Unlike a tweet which has a life span of a very short duration and its popularity can be predicted in first five minutes, emails do not die itself until killed or deleted by subscribers.
– As we all know this is a smartphone era and more and more consumers make use of smartphones. According to recent statistics emails are more opened on mobile devices and over 12% of transactions take place here.
– Unlike social media channels which people frequently use to connect with their friends and family, more businesses use bulk email services to market their products and services and to connect with their existing and potential customers.
– Email messages can be personalised and also be framed in a very social and friendly way to target potential customers just like the way social media networks connect with people.
– Email messages have solid tracking abilities which can easily track the growth and open rate, number of unsubscribe, click rate and even the revenue generated.
Helpful Tips to do it Well!!
- Keep the subject line under 50 characters
- Keep a check on the list of SPAM words and try to avoid the same
- Try and stick to 3 fonts and 4 colours
- Include 1 Call-to-Action
- No larger than 600 pixel width
- Keep the Send-out time between 10AM-1PM
- Remember to put your logo
- Always test before sending
Conclusion: A well-executed email marketing can raise your customer bank and also adds to your brand value. It can also result in an increased customer loyalty as your good and meaningful content will remind them of your services and products, especially if they are already using them.
Although Email marketing comes with less risks and high profitability, however this can only be fruitful through appropriate planning and timely implementation.