Want to be a writer? If yes, then you have opted for a most exciting career. But one thing that every writer has to reckon with the fact that dedication and hard work is required to carry out the process. No matter how fascinating it appears or sounds, writing always needs tons of research and hard work. To enhance your writing skills and to get good freelancing projects, Blogging is a must follow practice that every writer should start as early as they can.
Why You Need Blog
You must be wondering how a blog can help you in pursuing your career, then must read this section. Blogging has many advantages that not only help you in improving your writing but also help you in getting some freelancing jobs.
- Enhance Writing Skills– Share your blogs with your friend and other writers and ask for feedback. Consider the feedback and try to improve the pitfalls of your writing to make it perfect.
- Good Promotional Material– Blog posts are the best promotional material if you are planning to take writing as your career. As a freelance writer, branding is must to grab good and genuine writing projects.
- Connect Readers– It is the best medium to connect with your readers. Ask your readers queries and try to help them. Every writer needs readers on their blog.
- Pour Emotions– While managing a personal blog, you are completely free to write on any topic. Share your thoughts, emotions or experiences on the blog.
Before preferring blogging, you must be aware of its process and types. Some renowned blog sites do pay you, however, in start it is recommended to opt for a free and hassle-free option.
Type of Blogging
- Free Blogging- Few websites allow you to post blogs without getting paid. These blogs are the actual source for your career.
- Guest Blogging- Posting blog on good websites that pay you as per your article quality.
How to Start Blogging- Stepwise Process
Now, let’s check out the process of becoming a renowned blogger. Writing is not the destination for a writer; you have to put tons of efforts to make your content lovable. Starting a blog is easy, but drawing readers to it is the toughest part. Follow the provided steps to create a blog.
Step-1 Select Target Readers
In the very first step to start with. If you are starting to write a blog, then select your interest area. Starting with a subject of your interest will increase your enthusiasm to write well. You will be able to research well on the topic if your interest lies in that. Otherwise, you tend to get bored.
Step-2 Select A Renowned Website
This is the most important thing to be considered. If you have just started your career as a writer, then go for free blogging. Some good websites such as WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Weebly and more allow free blogging.
Step-3 Pick A Name
Select an attractive name for your blog. Ensure that the name should be similar to the subject which you will post.
Step-4 Write Blog Posts
Now, post an exciting blog post that includes your creativity and thoughts. The better you express your emotions more readers will feel connected and like to follow your posts.
Step-5 Analyze Growth
Without tracking the reader’s response posting blogs is a complete waste. To enhance the effectiveness of your writing, it is recommended to analyze the behavior of your readers. A tool has been added to these websites that provide you the access to check the number of readers who visited your page.
Things to Remember
- Enticing Headlines– Always create a fascinating and catchy headline. Writing an irresistible heading makes your article more clickable.
- Quality Content with Emotional Connection– Uniqueness and quality of the content is the foremost thing to be considered. Make sure you write the original content that connects with your readers, either it solves issues or provides tips. Something that helps or entertains people is more likely to be preferred over the generic content piece.
- Share Consistently– It is utmost necessary to draw readers on your blog posts consistently, either by search or by social networking sites. Enhanced performance of social media sites has provided a good platform to all the bloggers to share their content to a wide number of users.