Are you interested in Freelance content writing?
Have you started trying for such opportunities, but not getting right buyers?
If any of above conditions matches with your circumstances, then this post is all that you need. I will be covering all major aspects which a new freelance writer should know to get a writing job. Make sure you are not missing any point.
Choosing the Right Platform
A right start is the most important thing you may need to become a good freelance writer. Check the third-party reviews, posted projects, and their prices, registered clients, payment method, a number of people working, and percentage of content writing job & categories to know about the online freelancing website before you start working on it.
The authenticity of a website is mandatory if you want a good security of your earned money and worthy wages. Keeping these things in mind, Contentmart suits you the best as we are providing unlimited opportunities of working. The major benefit is – it deals in content only so there will be never-ending writing work.
Also Read, Why Should You Improve Your Writing Skills?
Setting up the profile
Once you have joined any online content writing marketplace, the best way to represent yourselves to the clients is your profile. Fill the correct details, add some good pieces of your work and complete the bank details. Don’t forget to prepare a good bio as this is probably the second thing a client will be noticing about you (first is the proposal you wrote for the bid – check the next section to learn writing it perfectly). If you don’t any published works, you can create a Blog to post your creations there. Another alternative is directly adding the created work in the portfolio section.
Later, you can go for the available tests to verify your skills and niches.
Proposal is the first thing which either impresses or rejects you in client’s mind. It decides that the order will be assigned to you or not. Therefore, it should arouse curiosity in the content buyer’s mind. Proposal should be written creatively if you want the customer to click your name and check the profile. Remember the followings –
- Bid on the orders which you can actually complete.
- Take time in writing the proposal and make it noteworthy.
- Don’t make it lengthy. You can add 2-3 links as more links will confuse the reader.
- Do not brag about yourself. It is the common mistake, freelancers make. Be honest. Don’t say ‘I have 7 years of experience’ when you actually don’t have it. Instead, avoid mentioning it in that case. Keep the proposal focused on your service instead of the experience.
- Are you using the same proposal of all projects? Never do it. You can prepare some common proposals for different categories and use them accordingly.
- Read the project description carefully before you make a bid on it.
Once clients have initiated conversation, it is the time to convince him/her to use your services as your chances are higher now. Talk brilliantly and professional. Try to ask more questions related to the order. Tell the client that what you can provide him through your content and why should he hire you.
You can also show the relevant samples during conversation to give an idea about the quality and writing style. Writing live samples on client demand is also a good way to get the project but deny if the client wants more than 100-200 words as they are chances he is fooling you as you are new.
Also, read Success Secret of the Writers
If you have got one freelance writing job, it will be the key to other jobs if you are working as under –
- Follow each instruction of client to produce the good content.
- Perform manual proofreading, grammar and spelling check, uniqueness testing and proper formatting before sending it to the clients.
- Follow the deadlines strictly. Try to submit content on or deadlines to avoid rejection.
- Good research and content outlines.
- Credits, references, image creation and editing.
What you Should NEVER do if want to get a Writing Job as Freelancer
Above were the tips which you should follow to become a good freelance content writer. Now, there are some ideas which you should never follow –
- Lying to the client about your experience and expertise – it will make them expect more.
- Taking work which you can’t complete in given timeframe.
- Working at exceptionally low rates.
- Communication badly or rudely with clients.
- Starting the work before the client awards it to you.
If you will follow these tips and ideas, you will surely get your first project very soon. If it happens, don’t forget to thank us by commenting below as we will be waiting!
Is the content helpful to you? Comment below with your valuable feedback..!!