90% of businesses rely on Content Marketing for building brand authority, sales and customer trust. And yet, not every business gets it right. Please note that content marketing is a powerful tool for a successful business. If everything goes well, a well-planned distribution can do wonders. But if not, poorly executed distribution can leave your content unrecognized. In terms of content marketing, many businesses face challenges such as creating engaging posts, consistent production schedule and measuring its effectiveness.
In case, if that is your concern, you have landed on a right page. Here are 3 recognized pitfalls of your under-performing Content Distribution and ways to fix them:
Reason 1 – You Are Missing a Well-Defined Strategy
If your business is not projecting estimated results, then probably you are one of the most marketers who lack adequate strategy as an important asset. It is a common mistake that most marketers make. You can still work on that. A well-defined documented strategy is a thing to start with. A strategy is simply a plan. In order to achieve your goal, you need a plan first. Step-by-step work process assures benefits in a well planned manner. Content marketing is just like any other important process of your business.
How to deal with it?
- Set your goals.
- Involve the right people – Look out for masters who can provide you with quality articles that educates, persuades and informs an audience.
- Measure every step – This is where performance tracker comes in limelight. It is always suggested to analyze your efforts with some metrics. Evaluate tactics and sharpen your efforts to yield better results.
- Go beyond just making verbal commitments – Draft every action. Document everything; strategy, steps, analysis, improvements required, steps taken, etc. It helps in reviewing all efforts that you have put in and shall employ as a guide for your team.
- Maintain editorial calendar (month-on-month basis) – Managing a calendar gives ample of time for R&D and piece production as per the prevailing trend.
- Set realistic deadlines – Deadlines push us. They force us to think out of the box in order to accomplish what has been assigned in a set time period. In addition, they help us in prioritizing the work. Creating deadlines with consequences and rewards have always proved productive.
Reason 2 – Your Content Lacks That Magic
‘Magic’ here doesn’t imply that your content should be out of the box and heavily phrased. It simply means that the articles you are promoting isn’t useful. Not useful for your target audience. Even a well written write-up that doesn’t answer any possible question that might arise from target audience isn’t going to get the desired response.
How to deal with it?
- Create engaging publicity story- Write-up that is crisp, short and simple always works.
- Determine theme, topics and formats – Defining themes and formats help in establishing a brand impression on your audience. Chalk out editorial calendars for the writers to work on. This provides them good time to research and work in their own space, ensuring effective results.
- Involve more into the persuasive style of writing – A convincing copy to persuade people is always a win-win. It majorly leads to good sales generation.
- Include more info graphics, charts and diagrams – Addition of pictures in form flow charts, tables or infographics makes your piece more engaging and attractive. As these elements summarize the write-up, these concise formats educate an audience in the simplest and quickest manner.
- Your piece should answer all questions regarding the respective topics.
- Promote your content on all available platforms.
Reason 3 – It Is Important To Take Data-Driven Decisions
If your decisions are not data-based, you are simply shooting an arrow in the dark and hoping it to hit the target. This is not how it works. It is important to carefully consider your audience, publishing platform & schedule and measuring/analyzing timely conversion rates. Any campaign, content or business needs to be analyzed for leads, clicks, likes etc. Reviewing the data and taking data-based decisions have only proved fruitful. Once you have the data, you know what efforts are failing and what are your potential areas of work. You will know better what your target audience actually desires for your business.
How to deal with it?
- Get monthly/weekly/daily reports scheduled for articles/blogs/posts – The report shall contain all information such as publishing time, platform, visits, bounce rate, leads, impressions, clicks, duration etc. You can take help of analytics professional for the same.
- Analysis is must – Go through the reports on a regular basis and identify the trend. Maintain a health tracker with data in simplified format and graphs for future references. This practice will help you recognize the sweet time slots, platforms, theme, style, audience age group and more key pointers essential for tracking.
- Mark out the low key points. Discuss every point that needs improvement and come up with a solution with your team.
To sum it up, a well-planned content distribution is equally vital as developing it. By skipping the above mentioned pitfalls, a business can generate much more out of their content marketing strategy. So what’s your take on such mistakes?