Content marketing is not like the mythical Aladdin’s lamp that you rub and the genie pops out to grant your wish. You need to have an effective content marketing strategy. We place great emphasis on the word ‘effective’ because every business enterprise already has a strategy to succeed.
What is a content marketing strategy?
- 1 #Tip 1 – The Customer/Buyer are the king
- 2 #Tip 2 – Creation of a keyword list is very important
- 3 #Tip 3 – Identify your buyer persona’s choices
- 4 #Tip 4 – Develop your personality to suit your audience’s preferences
- 5 #Tip 5 – Determine the frequency of posting your content
This is a million dollar question. When you have an objective of driving organic traffic to your website, you need to evolve innovative methods to achieve the aim. This article provides you with the tips that can help you frame an effective content marketing plan.
#Tip 1 – The Customer/Buyer are the king
Instead of selling your product to your customer, allow the buyer to buy it from you. This is one of the best marketing techniques. The buyer should feel that the decision to buy the product is his decision alone. You manage to do that. There is no way you will fail in any business.
Let us see how you can do this.
- Identify your target: This is the first step in content marketing. You should have full knowledge about who your target audience is. How do you identify your audience? The best way to understand your audience is to create buyer personas.
- Create your buyer persona: The buyer persona is a fictional or an imaginary representation of who your ideal buyer is. You imagine that you are the buyer. In this way, you will be in a better position to understand the buyer’s mentality.
- Do your research well: You can gather vital information from your customer database. These details include personal information about your buyer such as education levels, hobbies, occupation, and other important information. The demographics are an important aspect of your research. You have access to vital behavioral characteristics that can help you determine his preferences. This is how you create your buyer persona. This is the most important aspect of creating your content marketing strategy framework.
#Tip 2 – Creation of a keyword list is very important
Using your buyer persona, create a key word list based on his behavioral characteristics. Now, you know what your buyer wants. Concentrate on his wants and you will get what you need. Know his preferences and cater to them. You will get the organic traffic you have been looking for. This looks simple on paper.
This is how you can achieve your objective.
- Have a clear idea about your niche: Every person in the world has something special in him or her. The trick is in identifying the specialty. If you have advanced knowledge in your field, it can be more beneficial to you.
- Identify long-tail keywords that your audience looks for: You know the preferences of your target audience. Therefore, finding long-tail keywords that your audience searches for should not be a difficult task. Look at this example. ‘Hollywood Celebrities’ is not an effective keyword. Expand it to ‘Hollywood Celebrities involved in Scandals’. This becomes an effective long-tailed keyword that you can use to create your blog. You can now come up with articles and blogs such as –
- Top 10 Scandals involving Hollywood Celebrities
- The Hollywood celebrity notorious for being involved in the maximum number of scandals
- Create content around these topics: The next step is to create effective content concerning such topics that can be of interest to your audience.
#Tip 3 – Identify your buyer persona’s choices
Knowing your buyer persona’s preferences is very important for the formulation of your B2B content marketing strategy. There are various research tools that help you do so.
Image Source: http://blog.flightmedia.co/build-buyer-persona/
Experimentation with different forms of content is the key to an effective content marketing strategy. The research will indicate certain specific audience preferences. Identify them and try to focus more on the content your audience likes to read. These are some of strategies you can employ.
- Blogging: People love to read blogs. The spicier they are, the more popular they become. Hence, try out blogging in your niche and provide the spiciest contents for your target audience.
- Images: People relate to images better than they would do to words. Use appropriate images to attract their attention.
- Email list: Having an email list is always beneficial for you to market your content. You can include freebies in exchange for an email contact. This can help you to increase your customer base in the easiest manner.
- Upload videos: If images are more effective than words, then videos are definitely better than your images. Upload meaning video content and drive organic traffic effectively.
- Social Media: This is the biggest and the fastest growing marketing tool in today’s times. Make effective use of this strategy.
#Tip 4 – Develop your personality to suit your audience’s preferences
Developing your personality entails you to adopt a flexible attitude towards your content marketing strategies. You must have heard these words before. “Birds of the same feather flock together.” This statement indicates that people with similar likes and dislikes tend to mingle more easily. Hence, knowing your audience’s preferences is not enough. You should know how to present the content in the way your audience likes it. This would enable you to relate to them in an effective manner.
#Tip 5 – Determine the frequency of posting your content
You have done the hard work of creating the buyer’s persona, identifying his preferences, and the methods of delivering it to them. But how about posting it?
The next aspect is to determine the frequency of posting the content.
- Depends on the type of content: You can post twitter posts daily or even hourly. However, you cannot do so with blogs. The frequency of posting video content should be definitely higher than the blogs. In this way, you determine the frequency of posting your content.
- Know when your audience reads the posts: Your audience should access the content for it to be effective. Hence, the timing of your post should be in consonance with the audience’s convenience.
- Document the schedule: Make an effective calendar about when and how you will post your contents. Adhere to the calendar and see your organic traffic increase.
You have just seen some tips that can help you formulate your content marketing strategy. Now, this process will not work overnight. You have to keep on chipping at the blocks to create the finest statue. Similarly, work hard on your strategies. You will definitely see a lot of traffic moving towards your website.