Amazon is a fantastic place to sell things. Have you noticed a unique feature on Amazon? Products similar in every respect have different sales conversion rates. If you search for the reason, you will find that the Amazon rank plays a very important factor in the customers choosing your product. Higher the rank, higher will be your sales. This article attempts to throw light of how to rank Amazon products higher.
Understand The Ranking System
The most important step is to understand how Amazon’s Search Algorithm (A9) works. This is a unique search algorithm much different from that of Google’s. A9 uses a two-pronged approach for delivering the results. The first step involves searching their database for the relevant product. Ranking the products according to their relevance is the second step. Let us understand the core principles of A9. This will help you to optimize your Amazon SEO.
Important Principles Of A9
The product ranking on Amazon centers on these principles of A9.
#1 Conversion Rate
The logic is very simple. Higher the conversion rate, higher will be your ranking of the products.
The conversion rate depends on many factors. Let us examine some of them in brief.
- Sales rank: The ranking of your products on Amazon depends on the Amazon best sellers rank. If your sales figures are high, so will be your rank. Subsequently, a higher rank results in an increase in the sales. This is a vicious circle.
- Customer Reviews: Customer reviews play an important part in deciding your rank on Amazon. The number of product reviews you receive is important. Similarly, the quality of the reviews plays a vital role as well.
- Images: The customer would always like to know how the product looks like. Therefore, including high-quality images is an essential requirement. Amazon has stipulated certain guidelines for sellers to follow as far as images of the products are concerned. Follow them scrupulously when you promote Amazon products. The zoom feature is an important one to attract customers. This feature enables your customers to view their choices in detail.
- Pricing: The pricing of the product can decide the conversion rate. A lower price does not always guarantee a higher sale. However, it does influence the Buy Box factors. People look for quality and are willing to pay a higher price for quality products.
- Product combination: Amazon has unique parent-child product functionality. This feature directs the customer towards multiple products on the same page thereby helping you to increase your customer reviews.
- Bounce rate: Your product should be interesting enough to hold the customer’s attention for a long time. This will help Amazon to gauge your customer’s interest level.
- Listing of your product: In order to boost your product ranking, you should ensure the complete listing of your product. This should include all the notable features. Your endeavor should be to complete all the parameters on the listing setup page,
#2 Relevance Issues
These factors influence the A9 to consider your product when the customer makes a search.
Hence, it becomes important for your product to be relevant.
- The title matters: Every product should have an eye-catching title. Try to include as much details as possible but in the most concise manner. Make optimum use of the long-tail keywords. This can improve your keyword ranking on Amazon.
- Highlight the important features: Make intelligent use of keywords while highlighting the features. Using bullet points to highlight the individual features is essential to secure a good rank on Amazon.
- Describe the product well: Keywords have the most important role to play in your product description. A well-written product description can increase customer engagement thereby improving the conversion rate.
- Brand name is essential: Prospective customers type the brand name while searching for the products. Including your brand name in the title is a relevant factor.
- Specifications do matter: The technical and physical details of your products matter a lot. This highlights your diligence levels.
- Categorize your product: Selecting the right category to post your product details is the best way to increase your conversion rates.
- Use the right search terms: Amazon SEO has certain parameters. Your product should fit into the right ones. Planning your keywords in the right manner can help you secure a higher rank on Amazon. Here are some important characteristics that Amazon looks for.
- Accurate and relevant information
- Avoid using long content, subjective claims, and misspellings
- Do not repeat information that you include elsewhere
- Avoid excessive use of punctuation marks
- Never use offensive terms to market your products
#3 Customer Satisfaction
Finally, it boils down to the issue of customer satisfaction. Induce an eager want in your prospective customer. This will ensure that he buys your product rather than you selling it to him.
It will improve your customer reviews and thus influence your ranking on Amazon.
- Give attention to your star ratings: The negative feedback received from customers can impact your ranking on Amazon. The 1-star and 2-star ratings can pull your rating down considerably. Therefore, give proper attention to these factors.
- Speed of service: Prompt service is always appreciable in every industry. Rendering speedy and accurate services can help you rank Amazon products
- Maintain adequate stock: Customers place great emphasis on availability of stock. The non-availability of their favorite items can put off the customers while increasing the incidents of providing refunds and accounting for cancellations. This can impact your ranking adversely.
- POP: This is the abbreviation of “Perfect Order Percentage.” Sellers possessing a higher POP will end up higher on the Amazon SEO.
- ODR: ODR represents “Order Defect Rate.” The quality of the product and your service are relevant factors. Any fallout on these counts can force the customer to make a claim against the order. Negative feedback is one example. Misleading guarantee claims and shipment issues can induce the negative feedbacks. Improving your ODR can help your ranking.
- Exit rate: It is very difficult to control the exit rate. Customer behavior plays a very important role in determining the exit rate. The exit rate increases when your customer views your listing and exits Amazon without making the sale. Lowering of the exit rate can improve your rank.
Understanding the working of the Amazon’s search algorithm (A9) is essential. Your focus should be on providing accurate, relevant, and comprehensive information about your products on Amazon. This is the best way to rank Amazon products.
Want to read the latest posts on social media? Then follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!