Writers and strategists spend a massive amount of man hours in devising the strategy and developing the content that turns viral. Together, they always seem to be on a mission of unearthing the secret elements that would turn the content into an instant success; the elements, which are the essence of content writing. That’s how they make enough noise, which has the potential to transform into fame and financial success.
But wait! Not everyone succeeds here.
If you look around, a few names keep popping over every social media or in the Google searches. Engagement of these writers’ content is terrific to be stated as viral. Have you ever wondered why only some of the writers or websites have been ruling their domains? Well, there are many reasons, as talked about in this viral content guide. If you have been struggling too, this piece of article will coach you on the strategies that are the lifeline to your content.
Before we move towards learning to create viral content, answer a few questions to yourself:
- Which content do you think can go viral?
- How engaging is your content?
- Does it create the waves among the audience that you want?
- Are you targeting the right audience?
- Are you fully aware of what you are posting? Are you the expert in your niche?
Takeaway 1: If you are not an expert, either be the one or switch to a niche which you like and have command over.
Takeaway 2: Even if you had to negative answers for the first 4 questions, this content writing and marketing guide is going to help you master of the art of viral content creation. So, do not miss a single line.
10 Best Tips to Gain ‘Viral’ Content Writing Skills
- 1 10 Best Tips to Gain ‘Viral’ Content Writing Skills
- 1.1 1. Develop content from readers’ perspective
- 1.2 2. Stay away from negative stuff
- 1.3 3. Stop beating around the bush
- 1.4 4. Use catchy headlines
- 1.5 5. Use the power of images and videos
- 1.6 6. Maintain Consistency
- 1.7 7. Link with trusted sources
- 1.8 8. Keep your content’s stats recent writing
- 1.9 9. Post when your audience is active.
- 1.10 10. Give away practical advice
- 1.11 Marketing Tips
- 1.12 Bonus Tip
- 2 How To Make Your Content Go Viral In Just One Picture
1. Develop content from readers’ perspective
It is quite essential to keep your audience first. So understanding your audience, collecting the data that is backed by authentic sources and developing a good story around it is a must.
The writing style is foremost as it helps readers absorb the content well and bring in more engagement by sharing. A good content not presented well may go for a toss. The story formation needs to keep the spark until the end of the story dropping few facts in between.
Consider that you have a website which focuses on multiple niches, or you are planning to start a website in a niche which is not your expertise (but clearly has a good scope). Then it is obvious that you cannot master it immediately and handle it all alone. At such time, do not hesitate to hire content writing experts.
2. Stay away from negative stuff
A story must always invoke strong emotions, but if your content is bent towards negative stuff, it might not be liked much. This comes across as a brutal fact.
Be sure your content does not sound complex and asks the audience to spend more time understanding the emotions. A content that is positive has higher tendency to go viral. With social media, sharing has bought a new strong dimension to making the content popular.
Sensational and negative content goes viral quick but the popularity doesn’t prolong. Staying away from the negatives will help your content maintain a good viral health over a longer period of time. Negative is short lived.
3. Stop beating around the bush
The reader might come across the post and is impatient to taste the cherry. Avoid writing contents that drag over pages without actually providing any insight or relevant data.
Readers who reach you after a search want to catch the content that is useful to them rather than spending hours going through the literature. Keep it simple and precise.
4. Use catchy headlines
Headlines are the first platform to connect with the audience. Headlines must be short and crisp. One of the most significant aspects of the entire headline is that it must be relevant to the content entirely.
From the readers’ perspective, just think if you click a catchy headline and land at some good stuff, would you stay for long. Use power words and keep the headlines within 7-8 words. Use some tools to determine the strength of your headline. Even Google ranks the links according to your headline score. Stay alert with your headlines.
Here’s a formula, which always works:
5. Use the power of images and videos
Stats won’t lie. Visual content connects with readers in a compelling way. Emotions are directly translated into engagement. Even simple images and videos increase the engagement twice, a short paragraph but a compelling image may run viral without much grilling.
Content marketers have been using visual strategy with beautiful content to create tremendous waves on the social media platforms. This type of content is quick for the human brains to process. In 1/10 of a second, the message reaches the reader. While a reader may not absorb 100% of your content, he may absorb 90% of your visual content. It also triggers emotions and takes readers through a deep drive.
6. Maintain Consistency
This calls for a little more discipline and hard work. If you have set up a blog, it is must to be consistent with the post schedules. Your presence must be felt around more and very soon users will engage, share and make your content viral.
Proper scheduling of your content on which you toiled is the key to bring it in the eyes of the readers. Your users may not feel connected if you are not regular with the posts. Be aware of too much of posting as that may be considered as spam which is hated by readers.
7. Link with trusted sources
Use outbound links with your content to make it more authentic. Backing your content with authorized sources brings around more data and stats to your post. If the first post did not bring much engagement, do not drop the trusted method as it is tried and tested. With outbound links, users trust you more for authentic information.
8. Keep your content’s stats recent writing
If you post in 2018, incorporating stats of 2016 will not make any sense. Try to find out data that is relevant and makes sense. It is a metric for the measurement of your content success.
Financial posts depend entirely on the stats. Make sure your content never lacks the stats.
9. Post when your audience is active.
Did you know readers are more active during some particular phases of the day and on weekends? Make sure the content is posted at the time of maximum engagement. It needs to be studied for your posts. There is no magic wand to find it out.
Usually, the early morning time or late evenings are the best times for making the post viral.
10. Give away practical advice
Whether your post is motivational or tech, make sure it is practical to implement. For practical help, you must know your audience. The advice for your audience may vary according to geographies, age groups, culture and seasons, they will vary.
Content creation is just the first step. You have created amazing content, added absolutely interesting images, used the power of infographics and published it on your website. What’s next?
If you already have a well-running website, which generates a lot of traffic already, required efforts would be lesser (though, not ‘zero’). On contrary, if you are just starting up, you probably need to focus more on marketing. Either way, marketing is a big contributor to making a content go viral.
Here are a few tips to engage more audience through right marketing channels:
- Focus on Omni-channel presence. It simply means: Stay everywhere where your audience could be finding you.
- Create pages or accounts on social media. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, Google+ and Direct messaging through WhatsApp are some good methods of conveying your content to the right audience.
- Use e-mail marketing. It works without a fail.
- Use interesting descriptions while sharing your articles in social posts or at forums.
- Utilize the power of hashtags.
- Do not forget to revert to your audience, once they are engaged. This way, you can keep them connected to your online entity for longer times.
- Stay decently humorous while sharing your post while promotions; a new-found wealth that everyone loves!
- Sponsor the content, which you think, can bring more readers.
- Re-promote your content. For example: if you wrote a post a month back and it performed well, there are chances that newly connected audience will find it good too. So, keep updating and sharing it for several times (not frequently.)
Remember – Even the best content won’t perform well if it’s not visible to your target audience in social media or in search engines. Therefore, use the right mix of content writing and content marketing strategy to pioneer.
How To Make Your Content Go Viral In Just One Picture
The core of viral content is not limited to just one or few readers, it must make an impact on the wider audience. So, make sure the idea connects to the brand and develop an engaging content. Offer some value to your readers. Leave your readers with something to ponder over. There is no guaranteed way to bring engagement.
Developing a subtle strategy and staying consistent with it adds value to the brands. The hard work is going to pay and make your content share-worthy.
Focused data and well-presented content are highly effective to be the viral hit.