For well-set enterprises, newly-opening startups, fast-growing companies, young marketers, entrepreneurs or anyone who aspire to sell or establish online, one rule remains common:
Content marketing is the key element in a brand’s online and market success.
For the new entrepreneurs, its importance is even higher. Rightly written and marketed content can act as a boon for your entrepreneurship ambitions and convert into infinite wealth. Without a right content strategy in place, it is almost impossible to make big difference nowadays. Look at the unicorn companies and you will soon understand that they couldn’t have crossed 1 billion dollar revenue benchmark in less than 5 years without engaging their customers through the quality.
15 Content Marketing Tips For Young Marketers & Entrepreneurs
- 1 15 Content Marketing Tips For Young Marketers & Entrepreneurs
- 1.1 1. Understand Factors which affect Ranking, Reach and Engagement
- 1.2 2. Know your Audience and Market well
- 1.3 3. Outsource, but smartly.
- 1.4 4. Maintain your Content’s Quality
- 1.5 5. Be Omnipresent and Regular
- 1.6 6. Utilize the power of Social Media
- 1.7 7. The power of custom-built brand entities
- 1.8 8. Run a blog, not good but Great
- 1.9 9. Implement a Powerful Content Marketing Strategy
- 1.10 10. Go and Guest Post about your Business and Entrepreneurship Experience
- 1.11 11. Talk about how you provide, not about ‘what others don’t provide’
- 1.12 12. Advertise well and wisely.
- 1.13 13. Press Releases shouldn’t be left out
- 1.14 14. Involve Influencers
- 1.15 15. Let your customers Speak up, hear what they say.
- 1.16 Bonus Advice for Young Marketers and Entrepreneurs:
- 2 To Conclude
Here are the 15 quick tips to add effectiveness to your content marketing strategies and make them conversion-friendly:
1. Understand Factors which affect Ranking, Reach and Engagement
Keywords, headings, image text, images, content structuring, length of content, etc. are a few factors which decide your content’s ranking and reach. Apart from this, writing style and catchiness affects the content engagement stats. To produce user-friendly content, which can reach a large audience, you’ll need to understand and utilize the all these aspects. Integrating the learned practices naturally in your writing style can increase your content’s effectiveness.
2. Know your Audience and Market well
While maintaining a good quality, the next million-dollar advice for the young marketers and entrepreneurs is: Gain proper insights of your audience and industry; understand the interest of the right prospects and prepare content according to that.
If you will post what they are eagerly waiting to read, the content will surely be able to generate good traffic for you.
3. Outsource, but smartly.
Do you know what major challenges your peer entrepreneurs generally face? Take a look:
The solution to all these issues is smart outsourcing.
The word ‘smart’ is emphasized upon here, because outsourcing can have negative impacts too. The text and visuals, posted on your website or through your social media account, represent your brand. So, plagiarized, copied and poor quality content will surely give you nightmares. Though, if you have a good team of freelancers, they can dig a pool of unfound wealth for you.
For crafting the marketable content, try hiring:
- Good content creators and strategists
- Wise digital marketers
- Creative graphic designers
- Analysts who can provide stats for your infographics.
Wise Tip: Stay involved with your team and try having a quick look at what’s going to be posted under your name.
4. Maintain your Content’s Quality
Gaining fame or customers through Content marketing is not possible if your content is not engaging enough for the readers. To maintain good quality, a few content writing tips can be utilized:
- Give your write-up an Engaging beginning
- Write a nice climax
- Use good punchlines
- Craft well-written paragraphs
- Avoid Grammar and writing Errors
- Proofread properly
- Structure your content properly (headings, sub-headings, bullets, paragraphs, visual content, etc.)
- Write with precision. Do not revolve around the point and extend the content’s length for no reason.
5. Be Omnipresent and Regular
While entrepreneurship can be tough most of the times, it can bring you enough fame and money too. The first Step towards the same is being omnipresent. In short, you and your brand should have a worth-noticing web presence everywhere. As a smart entrepreneur or marketer, you should focus on having:
- A good Website
- LinkedIn and Glass Door Company Profile
- Facebook Page
- Twitter Handle
- Instagram and Snapchat business profiles
- WhatsApp, Skype and Telegram accounts
Plan a good content strategy for each of these brand identities.
6. Utilize the power of Social Media
Social Media is that precious resource, which can help you reach billions. 87% of B2B marketers use social media for circulating their content among the target audience. That’s because a major part of your customers’ time is being spent on different social platforms. If they liked your content, you will pocket more ‘shares’, ‘likes’, leads, in turn increasing your posts’ visibility and brand’s reach. So make sure you regularly keep updating your social media pages.
Here is how your competitors are using social media platforms:
Important Fact: Product or content links, coupled with good text in social media post can have a very high conversion rate.
7. The power of custom-built brand entities
When I say ‘Apple’s phone’, your mind will suddenly present a bitten apple’s silhouette or the sleek phone’s image, isn’t it?
Same should happen in your case. There should be something to remind people of your existence in the market. It could be anything – custom-built logo, brand name, special slogans, watermark, your face or whatever you prefer to chose.
Suggestion: Incorporate your brand identity in your visual and text content time to time so that people do not forget your company’s name or your name so soon. Remember – Customers are more likely to purchase from those, whom they are acquaintance with.
8. Run a blog, not good but Great
A good blog is helpful, but great blog is a marketing asset. It gives you 434% more indexed pages and almost doubles indexed links. That is the cause why content marketing revolves a lot around blogging.
Now coming to the point: How can you run a ‘great blog’?
Posting good content is not good enough in this era of throat-slitting competition. So focus on:
- Coming up with more business-bringing ideas to write about.
- Study your customers and potential prospects. Understand what are their issues and queries. Try to resolve them through your content.
- Keep updating your old content more frequently.
- Try building trust by providing the resource of your stated facts.
- Add informative images and engaging infographics in your write-ups.
9. Implement a Powerful Content Marketing Strategy
As told over and over in this post – always have a good content strategy in place.
Following tips may help you in doing so:
- Involve your marketers and content strategists in the planning phase.
- Schedule for content calendar properly.
- Analyse the impact and conversions.
- Use the insights to improve your strategy.
- Keep learning from the trends and utilize them well.
10. Go and Guest Post about your Business and Entrepreneurship Experience
People love hearing other people, especially if they are inspiring. Entrepreneurs generally have those inspiring life and brand-related tales. To gain attention, these stories work the best.
If you have something similar to write or talk about, don’t delay in doing so. Use big platforms and reputed websites of your niche to let your experiences spread and inspire others.
11. Talk about how you provide, not about ‘what others don’t provide’
Negative marketing may help you nurture for a short period of time. In long spans, it will affect you adversely only. So make sure that you improvise your brand’s reputation by putting your qualities in front of the audience and not by spreading bad words about your rivals.
12. Advertise well and wisely.
Facebook ads, re-marketing campaigns, Twitter ads, Google ads, and numerous other ways are present for brand advertisement at present. If used wisely, these platforms act as the revenue-building tools with a small subscription fee. Otherwise, you will feel like throwing money in the bonfire.
Again, the elements which impact your ads’ conversion rate are:
- Text Content
Most importantly – Think about ‘How you handle leads, once acquired.’
13. Press Releases shouldn’t be left out
News and media are still trusted upon. Therefore, never neglect the worth of press releases. Keep sending out the press releases about your business, growth and achievements if you want to build a uniform brand reputation.
14. Involve Influencers
Digital marketers, social figures, well-known personalities, influential social accounts, and other good brands can amplify your brand’s voice. Marketing your content through their mouth will have a magical impact. So, it is something worth trying.
Now, check this out:
Amused? Now think how much it will help you if you could utilize it.
15. Let your customers Speak up, hear what they say.
Always keep at least one such channel, through which your customers can directly reach you out. Alongside, train your team well on how to handle the arriving queries on social media and through the emails.
By doing just these two deeds, you will make your audience more connected to your brand and you. In the end, it will bring numerous benefits for you.
Bonus Advice for Young Marketers and Entrepreneurs:
- Publish Content Series, instead of writing standalone or non-connectable niche write-ups. It has the power to engage more people.
- A Human touch to E-mails and Letters can attain unimaginable leads and conversions. More innovative and more personalized your content will be, more reverts or actions you can expect.
Content, or digital marketing itself, has not remained a funnel anymore. It’s like a never-ending duct tape which can act as a gluing substance for magnetizing the leads. To make it happen, young entrepreneurs, marketers and startups need to move in right direction. You can utilize following types of content marketing tactics to crawl towards the success (though faster):