A key marketing goal for all kinds of companies, big or small, is to find successful ways to engage with their customers. Engagement facilitates two-way communication and two-way communication has considerable advantages, for companies, over one-way communication.
Giveaways are a great way to entice customer engagement. They are freebies that companies give to all or select consumers for different reasons. Giveaway campaigns are generally promotional tools and have many benefits attached to it. Here are some of the benefits of a giveaway campaign in general:
- They are a great networking tool.
- They are one of the best and simplest lead generation strategies.
- They offer surprisingly cost-effective and time-efficient promotional strategies.
- They facilitate great product/service exposure.
- They provide brands with great ways to entice brand loyalty.
- They give brands an opportunity to communicate a fun and exciting image of themselves.
Two key components of a digital giveaway campaign are the giveaway slogan and the prize itself. A great combination of the two can help companies build very successful giveaway campaigns. The prize has to be something that customers will want; something useful, something fresh, something unique. At the same time, to get customers’ attention, the giveaway slogan has to overcome the cliché expectations that are set for it by the customers themselves.
Here’s where we come in. You decide the prizes and we will give you some great giveaway slogans that you could improvise or directly use for your campaigns.
50 Best Catchy Giveaway Slogans
- It’s Giveaway O’Clock.
- It’s Giveaway Fever.
- I hear ‘Giveaways’.
- Warning! Giveaways Coming Your Way!
- Who Doesn’t Love A Giveaway?
- Giveaway Alert!
- Happiness Is A Great Giveaway.
- Everyone Loves A Good Giveaway.
- Ho-ho-ho! Giveaways For All!
- Just Keep Calm And Accept This Giveaway.
- Yup, It’s For Free. No T&C Attached.
- You Like Us. We Love You. Here’s A Giveaway, What To Do?
- Don’t Panic. It’s Just A Giveaway.
- Sign Up & Stand A Chance To Win.
- Are You In-It To Win-It?
- An Epic Person Deserves An Epic Giveaway!
- Sign Up, It’s Never Too Late!
- Here’s An Opportunity To Add Another Giveaway To Your Collection.
- Sign Me Up!
- I Spy A Giveaway.
- Spreading The Love With Giveaways!
- Pin It To Win It!
- It’s Your Friendly Neighbourhood, Giveaways!
- Giveaways Guaranteed For All.
- It’s Not A ‘Treat’, It’s A Giveaway.
- Limited Giveaways! Hurry Now!
- Sign Up Before It’s All Gone!
- Special Giveaway Offer Only For You!
- Pay Nothing, Just Accept.
- Exclusive Giveaway Offer.
- Buy Nothing But Get Something For Free.
- Award-Winning Giveaways!
- These Are Giveaways. Unavailable At Our Nearest Outlet.
- Yes, We Excel At Giving Away Free Stuff.
- Here’s What You Want, What You Really-Really Want. A Giveaway!
- Not Our Birthday, Just Giving Away Free Stuff.
- Guess Who’s Our Favourite?
- A Surprise Awaits You. Just Click.
- Don’t Buy, This Is Not A Lie.
- Hi, Nice To Meet You. My Name Is Giveaway.
- Knock-Knock. Who’s There? Giveaways!
- The Best Things In Life Are For Free.
- Here’s Something To Prove To You That You Are Always In Our Minds.
- Sign In For A Surprise That’s Better Than Gin.
- Hello Kin. Please Sign In?
- Can We Giveaway Something To You?
- How About A Nice Giveaway?
- What Do You Think About A Giveaway?
- Giveaways Bring Goodluck, Seriously!
- Fortune Cookie Says, Giveaway Time Is Approaching.
10 Best Brand Examples Using Giveaway Slogans
No two giveaway campaigns can ever be the same. Copying a successful brand giveaway campaign is difficult simply because giveaways differ from brand to brand and hence, the impact of the prizes too, differs. Instead of copying the strategy, it’s better to draw inspiration from such successful campaigns.
The campaigns illustrated below are all known for their ingenious use of giveaway slogans and overall success.
10. Qwertee (Free T-Shirts Giveaway, Facebook Campaign)
Qwertee chose to operate this giveaway campaign focusing on simplicity. People just had to like their Facebook page to stand a chance to win a free giveaway, in this case, the giveaway being their t-shirts. The goal of the campaign was to get to 100,000 likes for their Facebook page. Instead, the campaign ended up getting 270,000 likes!
Giveaway Slogan: “Win 30 Free TEES from Qwertee.com and do no laundry for a month”.
Reason Behind Success: It’s smart, clear-cut and witty. It creative and indirectly incentivizes people to participate in the contest by highlight a unique benefit of winning the giveaway prize.
9. Dove (Giveaway Being Personal Recognition, Facebook)
The ‘Real Beauty Should Be Shared’ campaign run by Dove is one of the most successful social media giveaway campaigns ever. It was unique in every sense of the word. Instead of offering a materialistic giveaway, Dove promised to giveaway ‘social and personal recognition’ to its participants. It was a simple fill-in-the-blank contest which required the entrant to answer questions about their friend’s beauty and what particularly made them beautiful in their eyes. The humanitarian edge of it set it apart from all other campaigns that had run online thus far.
Giveaway Slogan: “Tell us why your friend represents Real Beauty and you both could be the faces of Dove at Shoppers Drug Mart”.
Reasons Behind Success: It’s an extremely inviting slogan that calls people to enter the contest along with their friends. In addition to that, it’s unique, challenging and personal too.
8. Mark’s Work Warehouse (Free Movies For A Year Giveaway, Facebook)
Mark’s Work Warehouse designed this simple giveaway contest teaming up with Cineplex to help them give out a lucrative giveaway. By giving away free movies, they were able to attract numerous local people to their contest page, which was exactly what they were aiming for. The contest in itself was quite simple. It just required participants to fill up some basic information about themselves.
Giveaway Campaign: “Win Free Movies FOR A YEAR.”
Reasons Behind Success: Direct and straight to the point, it focuses participants attention directly on the prize which is very attractive in the case of this contest.
7. Macy’s (Gift Card Giveaway, Facebook)
The objective of this contest was to promote fitness clothes. However, the way it was designed and structured, it looked more like a fitness program promotion rather than a clothing promotion. That’s how Macy’s successfully got the attention of their target audience. It was a straightforward contest, users just had to ‘like’ the Macy’s Facebook page. Because of all of this the campaign was quite successful.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Get Fit With Frank Sepe.”
Reasons Behind Success: It highlights an added giveaway to the initial shopping card giveaway, knowing fully well that the fitness class giveaway is a better way to grab the attention of their target audience.
6. Gillie’s Coffee (Gift Bag Giveaway, Facebook)
Here’s a perfect example of a nice and simple holiday giveaway campaign. It’s simple yet different. Instead of the normal cliched holiday designs and slogans, Gillie’s have done something a bit differently. It’s a nice striking holiday visual that reinforces the giveaway campaign with a heart-warming slogan. Winners would win a Gillie’s gift bag and the contest was run exclusively for their Facebook fans.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Stocking Stuffer Giveaway!”
Reasons Behind Success: Creative in the way that it strikes the holiday relation, it gives a nice feel-good factor by reminding people of the gifting spirit. It’s extremely successful in promoting the holiday festivity.
5. Poof New York (Christmas Sweater Giveaway, Facebook)
The ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’ giveaway contest was highly successful on account of the way it was executed. It was run as a referral based promotional campaign on Facebook and thus, word about the contest reached a lot of new consumers. The winner of the contest would literally win an ‘Ugly Christmas Sweater’.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Enter To Win An Ugly Christmas Sweater”
Reasons Behind Success: Brutal & straightforward honesty. That’s the main reason for the success of this campaign slogan. It clearly tells consumers what to expect without sugarcoating anything.
4. Fairmont Hotels (Holiday & Gift Card Giveaway, Facebook)
One of the coolest bits about this contest, apart from the prize and layout of the page, was its structure. Participants were allowed to enter the contest multiple times, daily if they wished to do so. By building a giveaway contest of this fashion, Fairmont Hotels developed a substantial brand following and brand recall in the minds of its consumers. Furthermore, the entire contest for the giveaway was something that most people found interesting and hence, it garnered great popularity amongst the masses.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Reveal Your Travel Personality & Win”
Reasons Behind Success: The slogan is exceptionally intriguing and inviting. It’s participative too, unlike other slogans. It leaves people with an unsatisfied curiosity which is the main reason behind its success.
3. My Sports Club (Free Membership Giveaway, Facebook)
Here’s an example of high modern age digital giveaway campaigns run. Much to its success, My Sports Club ran this campaign extremely professionally. It had multiple CTA button, a great layout, gym member testimonials and great imagery to attract audiences to the page. Its giveaway slogan too, was nice and crisp. The contest was quite successful racking up more than 7000 entries.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Enter For A Chance To Win One Year Of Free Personal Training”
Reasons Behind Success: Direct and attractive, it clearly states what’s in it for participants who enter the contest. There’s absolutely no room left for confusion.
2. URDogs (Cash Giveaway, Facebook)
The contest took advantage of a popular existing Facebook trend: dog picture sharing. Owners, for some reason or the other, loved posting pictures of their dogs online and URDogs decided to entice engagement by capitalizing on this existing trend. A smart move, the photo-contest got more than 2000 individual entries. The cash prize being lucrative many people who were exposed to the contest and owned a dog participated willingly.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “Show off your Dog and enter to win!”
Reasons Behind Success: It was quite challenging and hit the personal pride that dog owners possess very successfully. By hitting the sweet spot, it was successful in bringing in a number of entries.
1. SuperHeroStuff.com (Gift Pack Giveaway, Facebook)
SuperHeroStuff.com ran this very successful and simple giveaway campaign just before the Thanksgiving festivities set in. Festivals are great occasions to giveaway stuff especially if the festival has a gift-giving culture tied down to it. This giveaway campaign revolved around the most basic Thanksgiving question. “What are you thankful for?” And, its simplicity proved to be one of the major reasons behind its success. The campaign gathered around 1500 responses approximately and was therefore adjudged a success.
Giveaway Campaign Slogan: “What Are You Thankful For? Contest.
Reasons Behind Success: It’s straightforward and is hugely successful in establishing the Thanksgiving festival connect. Since it’s framed as a question it gives the readers a degree of importance which initiates them to participate in the contest.
Giveaways can play an important role in a brand’s marketing strategy when used right. We have already enlisted all the numerous advantages that a giveaway strategy has to offer to a brand. In this article, we have covered one main aspect of a giveaway strategy, the giveaway slogan.
The giveaway slogan is a crucial piece of the overall giveaway strategy. The key to mastering giveaway strategies is to find ways to marry campaigns and content seamlessly. While devising slogans, try to be creative and informative at the same time. Fluff is fine to a certain degree but avoids too much fluff. Too much fluff can ruin a perfectly good giveaway strategy.
As marketers, don’t be afraid to get creative. Let creativity guide you through all your marketing problems. Cliched’ as it may sound, creativity is the best and most foolproof of all marketing strategies. Hopefully, you found something of value in this article and learnt something from all the successfully executed giveaway campaigns done by various brands.
If you liked an idea that you saw on this page a lot, don’t copy it. Improvise on it instead!